Show some love
Singularity University (SU) has opened call for application for its 2017 Global Solutions Program (GSP). Singularity University was founded by Ray Kurzweil and Peter Diamandis to search the world for the most brilliant, world-class problem-solvers, to bring them together, and to give them the resources to create companies that impact billions. Singularity University’s mission is to educate, inspire, and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges.
The Global Solutions Program (GSP) is SU’s flagship program for innovators from a wide diversity of backgrounds, geographies, perspectives, and expertise. The Program is a 9-week immersive, residential experience at our campus at NASA Research Park in Mountain View, CA. GSP brings together dreamers and inspired solvers with unique skill sets, experiences, and passions, and empowers them to develop moonshot innovations addressing humanity’s grand challenges by leveraging exponential technology and entrepreneurial tools.
During the nine-week program, 90 entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, lawyers, doctors and innovators from around the world learn from our expert faculty about infinite computing, AI, robotics, 3D printing, networks/sensors, synthetic biology, entrepreneurship, and more, and focus on building and developing companies to solve the global grand challenges (GGCs).
Requirements for Admission
- You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s).
- You have a background in or a passion for addressing climate change or are working to address any of the direct or indirect effects of climate change, such as governance, security, sustainable water supplies, and alternative food or energy sources.
- You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world.
- You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup.
The program is free.
Key program dates:
- February 21, 2017: Submission deadline for direct applications
- April 14, 2017: Acceptance notification
- June 17, 2017: GSP participants arrive at SU
If you feel like you meet the criteria, apply now (click here).
Applications close February 21, 2017.
If you know of a friend or colleague who would be a good fit for this program, please share this post with them and ask that they fill out an application.
Photo credit: Peter Diamandis Facebook Page
Latest posts by Apeh Omede (see all)
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Seed Capital The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme for 2017 Application Portal is Open. Get funding for your startup idea or business - January 13, 2018
- Apply to the Diaspora Challenge by Co-creation Hub Calling all African Innovators living in UK - June 2, 2017
- She Leads Africa (SLA) Accelerator Program Opens for Application - May 16, 2017